||Weight Per. Cap
|Green Tea extract
|Folium Ginkgo Biloba extract
Decline Mental Function - the inevitable aging factors
Process of mental decline:
- Free radical damage - over the years, free radical damage can lead to loss of brain cells
(people with dementia have a smaller brain on CT scan.)
- Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels - the modern fatty diets we eat can cause a cholesterol
plaque to form the large arteries in the neck, leading to reduced blood flow to the brain.
- Impaired utilization of glucose by the brain - the brain uses mainly glucose for energy and
with age there is loss of ability of the brain to utilize the nutrient. It is also harder to maintain
a steady blood glucose in the elderly and hence delivery to the brain.
All these 3 processes are evident in the elderly population and can lead to dementia, greatly impaired thinking, senility, short-term memory loss and slowed mental response.
Royal Ginkgo Gold Plus is formulated to address the 3 processes of mental decline.
Formulation of CellLabs Royal Ginkgo Gold Plus
- Ginkgo Biloba Extract that contains at least 24% flavone glycosides and 6% terpene lactone. Ginkgo enhances microcirculation in the brain and communication between nerve cells in the brain. Ginkgo flavanoids offer antioxidant protection to the brain cells. In the large arteries in the neck (macrocirculation), ginkgo inhibits platelet aggregation and works like aspirin in preventing blood clots that can lead to a stroke.
- Green Tea activates fat degradation and inhibits the phosphodiesterase enzyme responsible for triglyceride formation, thus preventing fatty plaques that may form in the large neck arteries.
- SOD Tea is one of the most potent antioxidant known. It prevents oxidation of cholesterol plaques in the neck vessels that can lead to clots and subsequently to cerebral vascular disease like stroke.
- Royal Jelly is good for all ages and enhances the efficiency of brain cells to utilize glucose, which is impaired in the elderly. Royal Jelly is normally used to improve mental alertness.
Royal Ginkgo can be used for other conditions:
- Coronary Heart Disease - Ginkgo improves blood flow to the heart muscle. It also inhibits blood clots and strengthens the blood vessels. All these help against coronary heart disease.
- Claudication - A French study found that in 75% of claudication patients, ginkgo increased blood flow to the lower legs. Two of ginkgo's constituents, flavone glycosides and terpene lactones, dilate inflamed or blocked arteries so that blood can reach lower legs.
- Hypertension - Flavone glycosides and terpene lactones work in two ways to treat hypertension; they dilate blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily; and they inhibit coagulation so that blood does not clog on deposits as it moves through the veins.
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) - In French studies ginkgo has been shown to lessen or eradicate tinnitus. It is believed that the herb works in 3 ways: improving circulation to the ear; strengthening nerve connections between ear and brain; and fighting off age-related free radical that can damage nerve cells in the ear.
- Age-related macular degeneration - Ginkgo is regularly used in Europe as a treatment for macular degeneration. A French study showed improved central vision of these patients.
- Impotence - In Chinese medicine ginkgo is prescribed regularly to treat impotence. Indeed, several American studies of impotent men have found ginkgo effective in restoring blood flow to the penis.
As the use of Gingko may increase the tendency of bleeding, please consult your physician / pharmacist if you are or intend to start using any other medicines and before you undergo any surgical / dental procedure.
This product contains royal jelly and may cause severe allergic reactions including fatal anaphylactic reactions in susceptible individuals. Asthma and allergy sufferers may be be at risk.